Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

The word of the day  is Gratitude. I am so incredibly grateful to see another day, to smell another flower, to pull another weed. I am grateful to have the ability to pick up another sock, wash another dish, and take a deep breath. I woke up this morning with a sense of gratitude. Then I walked out of my bedroom. Just because it's mother's day doesn't mean my world is going to miraculously be different. I made breakfast for my husband, who works at night ( something I try to do everyday if I feel well). That's our time to talk before he goes to bed (he gets off work at 6:30am). Then a made myself a cup of tea ( I can't eat breakfast that early) and escaped to the deck. It was an escape, because I couldn't face the dishes, the socks on the floor, the weeds in the garden. While sitting on the deck, enjoying the breeze - it's kinda cold this morning, I remembered my feeling of gratitude I woke up with this morning. My joints don't hurt, my headache is low ache, my energy level is decent. I'm an grateful  for this. Today is a fantastic day. I am grateful. So I picked up the sock, washed a few dishes ( in stages, because that's how I have to do it), and pulled some weeds. I know what you're thinking. Why not just have the kids do it. It's Mother's Day. I am grateful for the fact that I can do it. So while I can I will. I live in a constant state of the unknown. I guess everyone does, but the thought is always there for me. So I live my life to the fullest while I can. I do what makes me happy at the time. I am grateful. I'm off the buy some Preen for my weeds! Have fun on your Mother's Day!
Live. Love. Laugh. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment