Tuesday, March 16, 2010

memory

I've been having memory glitches again and I'm still losing conversations. The scariest is when I'm in a car and I don't know where I am. Once I was driving and couldn't remember the way to one of the kids' friend's house. All of a sudden I'm driving there and I don't know the way. It feels like I'm having a dream and I can't find my way out of a maze and I get that panicky feeling. It lasted about 20 seconds. Another recent incident, I was riding with my husband, I'm looking out the window as he's driving and all of a sudden I don't recognize anything and I don't know where we are. I had to ask him where are we. He gave me this strange look and said on Dixwell Ave. Very popular street. I drive down it at least 4 times a week. My son brought his girlfriend over to meet me, because he said I told him to. I can see my saying that, but I have no memory of the conversation. Pretty girl by the way and seems to be nice (you can't tell from the first meeting). I haven't called my doctor. I'm not sure what they can do for it. Maybe I should call and see if it's because I'm decreasing my prednisone. This sucks, I'm never going to get off of it. Oh well. I have to be a big girl (no pun intended) and do what I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment