Monday, November 23, 2009

Goodmorning!

I can't believe it's been over a week. The holidays have been weird for me the last few years. I like being with just my family for the holidays (my husband and kids). I'm not a crowd person anymore. I like to make the holidays special. I decorate, do the traditional dinner, over eat. But then I want to relax. Maybe with a good book. Or even football with the family. My house is a dry house. I like it that way. When I entertain others I feel like I have to provide alcohol and that's just not me. I was going to extend invitations to dinner to family and friends, but I decided not to. If I have people drop in I have plenty and I never turn anyone away. I like drop ins on the holiday. They come in, share joy and leave. Not all day noise, but in spurts. I can handle that. As my children get older the holidays will change and their families will be added and it will be nice because they'll know what to expect. My energy level is shot. I hope my enthusiasm for the holidays carries me through the meal prep. I plan to do it in stages. I'm starting as early as Tuesday with homemade cranberry sauce this year. I've found some good recipes on foodnetwork.com. Maybe I'll check out epicurious.com. They always have good recipes, but very involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment