Thursday, April 29, 2010

Aah

Good morning. I sit here with my pellet stove on and a warm cup of nettle tea and all is right in the world. For the last two weeks I've been on a meat frenzy. Yesterday the hubby and I drove 72miles for a burger. There is no Sonic Drive In in Connecticut, so we crossed over the border into New York state. It was worth it! I am  so bad. lol I was so stuffed afterwards. The kind of stuffed that if we hit a bump, it was all coming back out. I vowed that all animals were safe from me from here on out! I am dusting myself off and starting again because I know I feel better when I don't eat meat.
I've been exercising too. I went to the docs last week and she wants me to loose 10 lbs in 3 months. Doesn't sound hard, right? I've been trying to do that for over a year. It's time to do things differently. A friend I met that lives in Colorado, told me over two years ago to eliminate sugar and salt from my diet. It would make me feel better. I thought, oh no, I've given up enough I'm not giving up that too! It's time. I caught a glimpse of myself last night without clothing and my immediate thought was I look like a walrus. Then I thought a beautiful walrus. lol But a walrus. What's wrong with a walrus? Someone has to love walruses. Well I don't want to see a walrus when I look in the mirror. Don't get me wrong. I love me. I love all animals - remember they are safe from me. ;) But my body needs some work. I'm going to do it at a pace that won't land me in bed but still see results. I've started with 10 minutes of squats last week. Not easy for me, but I did it. This week it's 120 minutes of yoga along with the 10 min. I usually walk 2 miles about 4-5 days a week. It's another process. It's going to take time. Not going to happen over night. I'm reminding myself of this, because I always want immediate results. I'll keep you posted. I'm ready to change my picture.
Live. Love. Laugh. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment