Friday, September 25, 2009

Finding Peace

This morning I went to a yoga class. I love yoga. It allows me to slow down and just be in the moment. Today we focused on ahisma. Being kind and generous to others. By doing this I reap the benefit of feeling good. If I give from the heart (not because I want something in return or feel like I have to) I feel really good and at peace. I try to do a random act of kindness everyday for someone I don't know. Whether it's holding open a door, letting a car go in front me, or helping someone that looks lost. You know the look- hmm don't know what I'm doing but not going to ask for help. Sometimes there's no need to ask. What do does all this have to do with Lupus. Having lupus means I have to always find ways to feel good. I can't focus on the pain, the aches, the confusion. If I'm feeling good those things melt into the background and when the take a front seat, I have something to refocus on until pain, aches, and confusion get better. So for today, I will be kind and generous not only to others, but to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment