Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thoughts

I love " I promise myself". I have a copy of it on the mirror in my bedroom so that I look at it every morning and read it in its entirety on most. I gives me such a feeling of well being. I can't believe he wrote it around 1917. Don't quote me on the year. Good words to live by never go out of style. They apply to all generations. As much as we as a society like to think we have changed and evolved, we really haven't. We keep making the same mistakes and not learning from them. Fighting for superiority instead as living as one. I try to be happy with what I have and who I am. I'm not in competition with anyone. I can appreciate everyones differentness or uniqueness. When I started changing my mindset I noticed a lot of things. The most noticable was the absence of the friends that I once had. Some relationships are very stressful on both ends. When I concentrated on being positive. Truly positve! All of the once stressful relationships melted away. It's lonely at first, because I am use to the drama. Now it's peaceful. New people came into my life. I still see the old friends from time to time, but it's definitely different. Again it's not about being superior it's about being different and appreciating the difference without feeling I have to respond to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment