Monday, July 19, 2010

More Tears

Not the bawling my eyes out of Saturday. Not the steady stream of Sunday. Today is a trickle here and there. I've even been able to smile when I think back to some of the conversations we've had. One in particular - she'd given me her recipe for sauce. She was appalled that I fed my babies jar sauce ( as every Italian family I know had been lol). I told her I had finally gotten a recipe from FN Everyday Italian. Her response was her's was better and never trust a skinny woman with a recipe. I had to remind her she was 120lbs soak and wet- which she than got offended and laughed and said don't ever say she was that heavy she was only 110. We had such a good time. Her recipe is excellent by the way. It was so good I gave away jars of sauce to some other friends. I still use it to this day. Thank you Roseann. Your secret ingredient is safe with me! Believe it or not about a year later she even started to like Giada! I guess skinny women can cook too!
My son's party yesterday went pretty well. I'm in a fog so they got away with more than I would usually tolerate. The pool didn't become off limit until 9pm and the last of his friends went home at 1am. They cleaned up their mess, so when I got up this morning my backyard was in good shape. I was pleasantly surprised.
 My head still hurts, I'm still achy, but it all is to be expected. I'm grateful for every breath and I'm going to enjoy my day.
Live.Love.Laugh.Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment