Saturday, October 10, 2009

Money

Having lupus I am always afraid of that word. It seems I never have enough. Medications, doctor co-pays, bills, food, kids all on a reduced income. I have to be creative with my money. I have to plan. Never been a planner. Ever. I saw what I want, went after it and got it. With some things I still do that. Not when money's involved. Now I plan. I think about everything. No more impulsive buying. I plan out our meals. Which really is a good thing. I don't have to worry about what I'm going to eat or the family. If I need to prepare something early in the day because I know it's going to require energy, I know ahead of time. Thank you Wendy (Healthy Endeavors!)!! Coupon shopping. Don't sleep on the coupons. There is so many savings out there. Coupons can get overwhelming, so be careful. They can also cause you to spend on things you don't ordinarily buy, so beware. I sound like a halloween special. There are many savings is my point. My favorite is Stop and Shop. They offer gas savings (awesome!), cash off you next purchase, and they have an A+ thing for schools where they will donate money to your school based on your shopping at no extra cost to you. How great is that! For me I have trouble doing large shopping because I can't stand or walk for long periods of time, so when I need to shop big I do Peapod. A service from Stop and Shop where they deliver your groceries and bring them in the house for you. I'm in love. By the way I am not being paid by Stop and Shop for this.Hmm I wonder if there is a way? Oh well, I'm just happy to share the tip. Enjoy your Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment