Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sleepless in....

I'm up again. I've tried turning the TV off. I sleep with it on- a bad habit. Tonight was night 1 of that. I've been up for an hour and decided to putter around for the last 1/2 hour. My pain has been worse for the last 2 or 3 days. I've been decreasing my prednisone. Sucky but needs to be done. That's not helping my sleep because my joints hurt while I'm in bed. I can't get comfortable. I've been on prednisone for all most 2 years now and we've been very slowly decreasing my dosage. The affects of prednisone is a two sided blade. One the one hand it's helped with keeping everything under control as far as progression with the lupus attacking anything else and on the other hand I've gained 60lbs and now have high blood pressure. The good are still out weighing the bad so I don't squawk too much. But it's not healthy to stay on prednisone for long. I'm coming to the conclusion that sometimes you have to stay on it long whether it's healthy or not. The pain of not being on it just isn't worth it. The pain meds have worse long term side affects than the prednisone. I'm too tired to try to edit this right now. I'll revisit it later. Let try it again. Goodnight or is it Goodmorning?:)

No comments:

Post a Comment